I am Associate Professor at Aix-Marseille Université (AMU), in the Laboratoire d'Informatique et Systèmes (LIS) (used to be the Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Marseille (LIF) until 1st January 2018), as a member of the team Modelisation and Verification. Until August 2015, I was a Post-doc at ULB, and member of the Cassting European project. See my CV (also my French CV). My main research topics are formal methods for the verification and synthesis of software, especially the quantitative aspects of formal languages and automata theory, game theory, and grammatical inference.
PublicationsExternal lists: HAL, DBLP or Google Scholar
Damien Busatto-Gaston: together with Pierre-Alain Reynier, we are working on weighted timed (and untimed) games with arbitrary weights, trying to solve or approximate larger classes of such games, that are undecidable in general. See our FoSSaCS'17 article on this subject.
Contributor of MightyL: A tool to convert formulas written in the MITL logic into a set of timed automata, whose synchronous product accepts the language of the formula
Author of QuantiS: A tool for verifying quantitative specifications
Author of a prototype tool to solve total-payoff games with or without reachability objectives
- Quantitative Evaluation of Systems via Weighted Logics and Weighted Automata, GT SDA2, Marseille, July 2017
- Optimal Reachability in Divergent Weighted Games, Seminar of Centre Fédéré en Vérification, Brussels, May 2017
- Simple Priced Timed Games Are Not That Simple, 35th IARCS Annual Conference on Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FSTTCS'15), Bangalore, December 2015
- To Reach or not to Reach? Efficient Algorithms for Total-Payoff Games, 26th International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR'15), Madrid, September 2015
- Reachability in MDPs: Refining Convergence of Value Iteration, 8th International Workshop on Reachability Problems (RP), Oxford, September 2014
- Logical Characterization of Weighted Pebble Automata Navigating over Graphs, Joint meeting of the 23rd EACSL Annual Conference on Computer Science Logic (CSL) and the 29th Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS), Vienna, July 2014
- Specification and Verification of Quantitative Properties: Expressions, Logics, and Automata, PhD Defense, Cachan, October 2013
- Master 2 Internship: Parametererized Model Checking of Probabilistic Systems with Abstractions. Proposed in common with: Nathalie Bertrand and Ocan Sankur (Inria - Irisa, Rennes), as well as Pierre-Alain Reynier (LIS, Aix-Marseille Université)
- Quantitative Logics for Hyperproperties and Applications to Security (in French). Proposed in common with: Jean-Marc Talbot
I am teaching in the Computer Science and Interactions Department of Aix-Marseille Université.
- Préparation à l'option Informatique du CAPES Mathématiques (ESPE Master 1)
- Réseau et communications (Licence 3)
- Connaissance de la recherche en informatique (Licence 2)
- Automates et circuits (Licence 1)
I was a teaching assistant at ENS Cachan in 2010-2013. Click for more info
- E-mail: benjamin.monmege at univ-amu.fr
Address: Laboratoire d'Informatique et Systèmes
Parc Scientifique de Luminy
163 avenue de Luminy - Case 901
F-13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Office: A208 (BU library building, first floor)
Phone: +33 (0)4 91 82 93 70
Fax: +33 (0)4 91 82 92 75
- You can download my public GPG key here.